Country Music!

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Country Music!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caylalayman caylalayman 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Who loves it? Who does not like it? Who got no idea what it is?

I usually get strange looks when I say I love country music…

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

I love country music! I have Sirius radio in my car & it’s constantly tuned to Highway. I also get a lot of flack, when people find out.

quintusvw
    Participant

The deep male vocals can sure make a sweet sound combined with a warm acoustic guitar…just love country.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintusvw I love the heavy influence the blues has in a lot of country songs. Not so much the words, but the feel & the energy.

I think it’s so much more substantial on so many levels than pop music is.

quintusvw
    Participant

That is exactly what I think…I can’t really call this other noise music (I might get quite a bit of flak for that one) but everybody has their own preference.

The simpler the better. Just a guitar is good enough for me.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintusvw I hear ya. And don’t get me started on hip hop & techno. I know it’s popular, just not my thing.

But that’s what makes us all individuals, right? I guess on some level it is a great thing that there are so many genres so that so many people can get involved in music in some way, either active or passive.

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

I live near Nashville so I can truthfully say I don’t like most new country, it just sounds like pop, but give me some johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn and I’m happy!

quintusvw
    Participant

Too bad the horrible music sometimes gets the most attention…

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin Have you been to the Johnny Cash museum in Nashville? Very cool place to visit.

quintusvw
    Participant

I keep hearing how nice Nashville is. You guys make me want to go…one day is one day…

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

Country is my favorite genre, but I don’t get weird looks since I live in the deep south. My fiance plays the blues, but is also lead guitarist in a modern country band in Memphis. Last week they opened for Big & Rich. Montgomery Gentry the week before that. Lucy Hale back in the summer. Always a fun time!

quintusvw
    Participant

@caylalayman Ah, a true country patriot then. Such a delight.

I guess then that the people local to you share the music with great enjoyment.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@caylalayman WoW! those are some pretty big names your fiance has opened for! Is his band one that us fellow country lovers around the country would know?

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@caylalayman WoW! those are some pretty big names your fiance has opened for! Is his band one that us fellow country lovers around the country would know?

I’d love to say so, but probably not. ;) They’re fairly local in and around Memphis. Here’s their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/randyleeonline

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@caylalayman They will be soon! I listened to Friday Nights. I really like it, they have a sound that is “in” right now. It’s only a matter of time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!