Favorite Christmas Carols

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Favorite Christmas Carols

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alexx alexx 9 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

It’s the season to be jolly, so I’m curious what carols are your favorites. I still love most of them but love the 12 days of Christmas most!

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I do not have any favourites, but somehow jingle-bells get stuck in my head this time of year…with all its variations.

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

This is one of my favorites right now!

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

I really like Linus & Lucy, but there are sooo many. That one brings up memories of Charlie Brown when you’re a kid, & Christmas at the same time. Other faves are Springsteens’ two songs. I saw him live years ago when Clarence was still alive, & they played Santa…Town, so that always brings up that memory.

I also like Dean Martin’s Baby It’s Cold Outside & The 12 Pains of Christmas LOL The guy about blowing the fuse could be my father.

Profile photo of spark
    spark
    Participant

I think there is a technical difference between Christmas carols and Christmas songs- carols are Christian based. Songs are not.

Favourite Christmas song- Rockin around the Christmas tree, Brenda Lee- there’s a smokin sax solo in there, always makes me smile.

Favourite carol- once in royal David’s city, I don’t know why.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

OK then. Guess it seems like we all stand corrected. My favorite Christmas Carol is Silent Night.

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Well I wasn’t being completely literal lol. Of course I mean anything to do with Christmas.

zeitaliesin
    Participant

I really like all those songs from TV that made christmas so magical as a child.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin You mean all the Burl Ives songs in the specials? I love those, too!

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Oh yeah! I love those. Now I have them on video. They really are charming

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin I have the DVD’s! My favorite is The Year Without a Santa Claus. It’s the one with the Miser brothers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!