Favourite Brand

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Favourite Brand

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I love Gibson guitar. Fender is nice…but I have a soft spot for that head stock of the Gibson…do you think that is irrelevant?

Harmonicas…Hohner.

The other instruments, well, I have no idea which I prefer. Probably because they are my secondary choice.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintusvw If I had unlimited cash I would get a Yamaha. I have a Kawai. Retail wise they are the same price, but I was lucky enough to be able to get a brand new Kawai for dealer cost. Soooo, I have a Kawai. And I’m extremely happy about it.

quintusvw
    Participant

Nice. As long as you enjoy them then there is no problem. The brand is probably just a personal thing.

:)

@alexx: For digital pianos I found that Kawai actually had a much nicer sound than Yamaha. I guess it’s personal preference, but the Yamaha models I tested all sounded much more artificial than the Kawai I eventually bought.

Harmonicas: I’m with you @quintusvw, Hohner Special 20s all the way :)

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@christopher-sutton Thanks! I love my Kawai grand. I love the consistent tone & key action. I think the Yamaha probably gets more attention because you see them more on tv & at concerts, & they make a lot of products, so the name is out there. Most music schools have Kawais, & pianos are all kawai does. They’re very close, all comes down to feel & preference I guess.

quintusvw
    Participant

@christopher-sutton I heard that the Special 20s are quite good. I’m into the Marine Band Crossover. Will see how it fares for me and then take it from there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!