Greatest Musical Moment

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Greatest Musical Moment

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caylalayman caylalayman 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

what was your greatest musical moment in life? Mine was having the number one song in a contest what’s yours?

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

When I found the secret to mixing chords with melodies.

what was your greatest musical moment in life? Mine was having the number one song in a contest what’s yours?

@zeitaliesin: Nice! What was the contest? Can you share the song?

zeitaliesin
    Participant

When I find the song I will. I sort of moved on and it’s been awhile. Thanks!

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin Wow! That’s a pretty cool thing! Not too shabby. I think mine was when I was finally able to buy my own piano after wanting one for sooo many years, and being able to start playing. Now I have the opportunity to make a lot of great musical moments.

zeitaliesin
    Participant

I, however, am very against musical competitions ( I don’t mean the kind here ) because music is an expression and to deny someone that because of a competition is sad. I know a dear friend of mine who is an amazing pianist in the classical tradition and struggles to even improvise in the Pentatonic and its out of shame. We must do away with shame to be able to move forward.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin That’s a VERY valid point. Didn’t even think of that, but it is SO true. That’s what happened to me with singing, now it’s a huge struggle.

I remember as a kid, my father would have a vsibly physical reaction to “clunker” as he called them. Also not a good thing.

Shame is very bad. It does have lasting effects that are hard to get over. People say “it happened years ago, get over it.” Not so easy. Ugh.

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

Mine was singing for the Mississippi Honor Choir when I was younger. It was the experience that was spectacular. I’d never, ever sung in front of that many people and probably never will again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!