Master of any skill?

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Master of any skill?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of britanica
    britanica
    Participant

If you were given the chance to be gifted the art of mastering any skill, what skill would you like to master? This can be anything from playing an instrument to playing a sport, or even interior decorating. haha

I would love to master writing. I enjoy it but I know I need work on it. I was, and still am, horrible at grammar. I know how to piece together words, minus the proper spelling and formatting. I tend to second guess myself or rush through things and my writing pays a price. Other than writing, drawing and painting are up there, as well as playing the violin.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I sometimes think about that question…I guess it would and have always been to master guitar playing. It always boil down to that. I did once dream about becoming good at programming and physics, but I’m not planning to go there.

Writing is fun…but like music you have to start somewhere. I started writing a book once. I was about a young boy (orphan) from Russia who’s parents died in Germany before the second great war and how he grew up and was pulled into the war. The computer I typed it on crashed permanently…lost everything (this was more than 10 years ago).

I started another book long after that because I lost inspiration with the first book being gone. I finished the first chapter but did not get much further. It would have been a trilogy, this time based in the east and middle-east.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!