Playing guitar with jewellery

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Playing guitar with jewellery

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caylalayman caylalayman 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Do you play guitar with jewellery? I only have a wedding ring, and have noticed that sometimes it does bother me with the frets of the guitar when I play barre chords.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintus With the piano, sometimes yes, sometimes no. It’s weird. Sometimes my rings & watch bother me, sometimes not. I try to keep them on, because it’s just another distraction you need to work through, but guitar is different than piano.

I see a lot of guys playing guitar with rings & bracelets. Guess it’s just preference. Now sleeves, that’s a whole different ball game. My sleeves need to be up & stay up, or everything goes to pot.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I guess sometimes looks are more important for performing musicians. I for one seem to find the distraction none-progressive…but that’s just me.

As for sleeves…well, they must not hang loose. Then its not a joke any more :).

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintusvw The look is part of the performing package, you’re totally correct. Love the sleeve comment :D

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

I have trouble playing keyboard/piano with a watch, usually. I still tend to rest my wrists sometimes, even after years of training. Rings are no problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!