Style that made history

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Style that made history

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw 9 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I know that this might seem a bit old to most of you, but mother maybel made a massive impact on the guitar community when she played this in the Grand Ole Opry.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

I can confirm that. When we went to Nashville mention of her & her influence is everywhere.

quintusvw
    Participant

I guess most people outside of Nashville might forget (or not even know) her influence.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

I imagine so. Plus she’s a woman, which I think especially back then in the genre women were more regarded as singers. You would think that would make her more recognizable, but I think it’s the men that picked up on her influence that became more famous on a broader scale.

quintusvw
    Participant

You raise an interesting point. I actually forgot that when I first saw her play I was amazed to see a woman playing such a style as the core of a group for that time…I guess that she was way ahead of her time.

I still have to find her talent now a days. It seems nobody is interested.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintusvw That’s because they don’t know. Maybe there are some forums or something about her. She sure was a pioneer, it’s a shame she doesn’t get much recognition for it outside of Nashville.

quintusvw
    Participant

As far as I know Arlen Roth introduced me to her sound…and then I had an epiphany.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!