Talent

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Talent

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caylalayman caylalayman 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Doe you think that it is necessary to have talent to practice an instrument? This is a topic which I have seen much debate over…this might actually start a new flame war :).

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintus I don’t. There are plenty of people who play instruments but just go through the motions of playing notes, and then there are people that play with feeling & passion. The same with singers, just look at Karaoke, not everyone should be up there.

But who’s to say they shouldn’t be doing something that they love & enjoy? Just my 2 cents.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

…just look at Karaoke, not everyone should be up there.

True…I wonder what reference do we use to measure talent? How good it sounds? How good they perform?

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@quintusvw I think it’s all subjective to personal taste. Maybe sound is the more judged? If they sound good you can overlook what they look like doing it, right?

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

…just look at Karaoke, not everyone should be up there.

HA! Too true, but like you said, if they’re having fun what’s the difference? It’s not Broadway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!