Training Plan..

Home Ear Training Forums Ear Training Training Plan..

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of christopher-sutton christopher-sutton 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jgpineda
    jgpineda

Hello Christopher;

What are your suggestion or idea for training the ear?

Star by intervals and after a time star with Chords? Study or listen a minutes by Day.

Or What are a suggestion for study or train the ear?

I have the “earmaster esential 5″ installed on my lapTop and I see all the application for IPad and different articles.

I only can listen a difference between intervals of second minor or major versus unison. My goal…I want to follow a song by chords progression. I play the Piano and read music.

Best regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your question!

We’ve found that one of the biggest hurdles students typically hit with ear training is to dive in (e.g. practising interval exercises with a program like EarMaster or our own apps) without understanding the bigger picture and planning their training to meet their musical goals. As a result they get bored, or frustrated, and give up.

So my #1 recommendation would be: get clear on your goals and work back from there to create your training plan.

You mention wanting to play the chords for a song, that’s a good overall target. Please read this article on how to make that goal truly clear and effective.

These two articles on how to learn chords and progressions should also be helpful:

I hope that helps. Please share your detailed goal and plan here!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!