Tuning Guitar

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stebautista stebautista 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stebautista

Any tips and tricks on how to accurately tune the guitar? I have been playing the guitar for years but whenever my guitar gets out of tune, I have to go out to the neighbor (who plays the guitar as well) and ask his help.

Do you have any tips and tricks you can share?

Profile photo of chasingsummer

buy a clamp on tuner, easy to use, not expensive

Profile photo of mrear

You can do it in a lot of ways more or less educational :-D
    Is an acoustic or electric guitar either ways you can use a tuner a headstock clamp as pointed by chasingsummer.
    If is an acoustitc\classic you can find good free application for your smartphone.
    Or you can buy a Diapason (pitch fork?) and put it on the guitar tray to tune up with it 440 hz A.The start lowering the A string to a lower tune and then rise it up when you’re near the A (or other note) you ear a Beat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(acoustics)) the more you approach the note the less is number becoming more pleasing.
    It’s more clear if you use a Natural Harmonic on a the 5th fret
    Then proceed for the other strings confronting the natural harmonics on the fifth fret.
    For the B string you must fret the note at the fourth fret since there’s no natural harmonic for it…
    Hope it helps…

Profile photo of stebautista

These are great suggestions!
    Thanks @mrear and @chasingsummer!

Will try these, of course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!