Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 378 total)
  • Author

Welcome @joanelaine!

You’re certainly not alone in feeling like you’re not a “natural” when it comes to ear training. In fact we have a couple of frequently-asked-questions about it!

Just be patient and persistent and you’ll succeed with learning guitar and ear training :)

Hi,
    My name is Joan. I am just learning to play the guitar and finding out that it is harder than it looks. Also finding out that I have no ear training.

Profile photo of laslappas
    laslappas
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m br Lorenzo from Italy.
    I’m a franciscan friar and have been always playing guitar and singing for the church.
    Recently I have noticed that listening to my voice once it is recorded, it is not so in tune as appears while I’m singing. that’s a trick. So I’d like to learn how to be aware of my pitch in the very moment I’m singing…
    Thank you for all.

Welcome Brother Lorenzo (@laslappas)!

Becoming more self-aware as a singer takes some discipline and concentration but pays off in a number of ways – including the tuning you mention, but also significantly in your ability to sing well with other voices in a choir. Active listening exercises build this skill.

Dedicated pitch ear training would also help. One specific exercise I would suggest is to record yourself and then analyse the results, as explained in this article. You learn to be more familiar with your own voice and more sensitive to tuning,

Good luck with your training, and if you have any questions or need help please feel free to post a new discussion.

Hello!
    I’m br Lorenzo from Italy.
    I’m a franciscan friar and have been always playing guitar and singing for the church.
    Recently I have noticed that listening to my voice once it is recorded, it is not so in tune as appears while I’m singing. that’s a trick. So I’d like to learn how to be aware of my pitch in the very moment I’m singing…
    Thank you for all.

Profile photo of scottj
    scottj
    Participant

my name is scott I play guitar looking to improve ear

Welcome @scottj!

Glad to have another guitar player join the community. Deciding to actively work on your ears will put you way ahead of most guitarists! :) Dive in here and shout if you have any questions.

my name is scott I play guitar looking to improve ear

Profile photo of phunk4r
    phunk4r
    Participant

Hi, i am Jelson Borges, and i would like to understand more aboud equalization frequencies. I’m a DJ in Brazil.

Thank you!

Profile photo of kasamoah
    kasamoah
    Participant

Kwame Asamoah. Just started to learn how to play bass guitar.

Profile photo of kasamoah
    kasamoah
    Participant

Hi everybody, New bass guitar learner.

Profile photo of james-deyo
    james-deyo
    Participant

Hi everybody my name is James , I play piano.

Profile photo of derekp57
    derekp57
    Participant

Derekp,here I play electric and electric acoustic guitar. I want to be able learn to play songs quicker, better and also to be able to tune my guitars by ear

Hi Jelson/@phunk4r,

Great to have you with us! I suggest exploring our Audio Frequencies page and in particular the Frequency Fundamentals series.

Hi, i am Jelson Borges, and i would like to understand more aboud equalization frequencies. I’m a DJ in Brazil.

Thank you!

Welcome, @kasamoah!

It’s great that you’re starting your ear training early on as you learn your instrument. We have a few articles on bass ear training specifically which should be helpful for you: Bass Guitar Ear Training.

Kwame Asamoah. Just started to learn how to play bass guitar.

Welcome @james-deyo, and thanks for introducing yourself! Good to have you with us.

Hi everybody my name is James , I play piano.

Welcome @derekp57!

For anyone learning to play guitar by ear I’d suggest watching this series of video tutorials.

And we also have a how-to guide for tuning your guitar by ear.

I see you’ve posted a question in the Chords Ear Expansion module – I’ll reply to you there now.

Derekp,here I play electric and electric acoustic guitar. I want to be able learn to play songs quicker, better and also to be able to tune my guitars by ear

Profile photo of auntie
    auntie
    Participant

Hi, I’m Catherine. I play and sing bluegrass; intermediate Flatpicking guitar, beginning claw hammer banjo and beginner mandolin. I love to sing while playing and have had no singing lessons. My voice is not strong, I often have difficulty finding and staying on melody and would love to fix that. Additionally, I would like to sing harmony. I am also working on finding the melody on my instruments as a beginning point to improvising leads and taking breaks.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!