Ear Training App- PlayByEar

Home Ear Training Forums Tips, Tricks and Resources Resources Ear Training App- PlayByEar

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alexx alexx 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spark
    spark
    Participant

Hi, just thought I’d mention perhaps the only non EET app that’s worth bothering with- it’s called PlayByEar, written by a trumpeter from Altanta called Rick. A basic version is on his website iwasdoingallright.com, but he’s done an awesome job on his app.
    PlayByEar will play you an interval, chord or melody, which you copy on your instrument, then it gauges how you did. For a free app, it has full functionality, which is great. Loads of features, you can move the tonal centre for Eb/Bb inst. calibrate ghe mic for quiet/ loud inst. etc. using it with my alto sax, I found it would help with intonation as it’s looking for the notes being spot on. My daughter has used it for singing too. Anybody else used it?? Or have other recommendations?

Hi @spark (love your profile pic ;) )

Nice recommendation! iwasdoingallright.com is a great site and the app is definitely a handy practice tool for playing by ear.

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Yeah I agree, and it’s also important to note how important singing is to learning all of this

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin I keep hearing how important singing is in ear training. I must say this is stressful for me. Very. I’m not comfortable at all with my voice.

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Is there anyway you can find a place alone? I understand your trepidation. I was very anxious at first being heard then after a couple of singing lessons I grew to love it. Maybe you can turn the shower or something. Just take it a few steps at a time.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@zeitaliesin I always sing when I’m alone. I’m great! LOL maybe I just need a few lessons. My piano teacher is also a vocal coach. She says my voice isn’t bad, so it’s a step I guess. Working with Sing True to get it stronger.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!