Free Lead Sheet Sources

Home Ear Training Forums Tips, Tricks and Resources Resources Free Lead Sheet Sources

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alexx alexx 9 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Are there any good as in correct & mistake free, sources for free lead sheets? Thanks.

Profile photo of spark
    spark
    Participant

Hi alexx, there used to be something online called Wikifonia, which hosted user submitted lead sheets, and was pretty good. I believe it has been replaced by MuseScore which requires you to sign up and j think has limited free access. I do have a large number of scores and fake books in digital format if there’s anything particular you are looking for.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@spark Thanks! Never heard either. Just checked out MuseScore, that never seemed to show up in my searches. You can check for songs without joining.

I’m not looking for anything in particular right now, but thanks for the offer!

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

I use Guitar Pro. An exceptional program, with very good RSE (Real Sound Engine) instruments. There is a trial version, then you have to pay, but I must admit it works…

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

It basically can do any instrument, thus allowing you to compose your own music.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

Profile photo of spark
    spark
    Participant

It can be tricky looking for lead sheets using a search engine and getting directed to scrap metal merchants and roofing suppliers ;)

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

@spark

looking for lead sheets using a search engine and getting directed to scrap metal merchants and roofing suppliers

Ain’t that the truth! It a helps a little, when you search for the name of a song, but you still have to weed through bunch of stuff…and 1/2 the notations are incorrect. I’m looking forward to using MuseScore next time, Thanks!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!