Instrument Collection and Restoration

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Instrument Collection and Restoration

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

How nice is that. I once found a 100 watt Marshall tube amp (1960-something model), for a couple of bucks in a pawn shop. But I have to admit, that was like the only time I found a deal like that.

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

A friend of my husband found a 1960 Fender Super Amp at an estate sale for $15. Evidently that’s a major score.

I don’t even know much about it, but even I know that that’s a steal! My fiance would flip. FLIP.

quintusvw
    Participant

Here is the image of my Gibson before I started to remove the paint.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    quintusvw
    Participant

Here is the headstock after I have started to work on it…It was a great experience. I remember the smell of the paint remover as it ate away on the paint. I had to be careful not to damage the wood though.

Attachments:
    quintusvw
    Participant

Here is the finished product…note I have removed the strings since I have been playing on my Ibanez AGS83BBG mostly.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw.
    Attachments:
    quintusvw
    Participant

To get the headstock logo to look like it was factory made I printed a stencil sticker with the Gibson name from a sample I got from their website. I then sprayed the logo using ordinary black spray. I then coated the guitar with clear lacquer.

What thinks you?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!