Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@alexx, be sure to share with us when it’s complete if you want! Sounds very interesting.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

I just started it 2 days ago, so it may be a month, give or take. I only have my phone & Garage Band. It’s Doug Hammer’s “A Warm Place in Winter.”

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Yeah I’m always up to hear new stuff from fellow musicians. GarageBand can do some great stuff

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Best to keep at it and know you are happy with the music without thinking too much about what others think

Profile photo of jmrp
    jmrp
    Participant

Hi, my name is Julie. I sing barbershop & find myself flatter that I’d like to be. I ‘m really enjoying ear training in the Sing True & Relative Pitch apps & I *love* that you can sing and see how on pitch you are. Anyone got any tips to making sure you hit the top of the notes every time?

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Good day all, I guess I better introduce myself now (I’ve been active on the forums).

My name is Quintus van Wyk. I live in South Africa and I will be doing my Masters degree in Information Technology next year.

My primary instrument of choice is guitar. Love it; I feel I have a connection with it. Other instruments that tickle my fancy include bass guitar, piano, harmonica (;D), violin, a little ukulele (mind the pun), and some banjo.

I guess I should rather say that any combination of instruments that creates an interesting texture grabs my attention.

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Cool South America! People,are from all over here! I agree that the textures of many instruments working as a whole really forms the most lushest of landscapes.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

@zeitaliensin Are you from South America?

Texture in music (for me at least) is the essence of conveying emotions. That is what makes composers achieve the feats they do.

zeitaliesin
    Participant

From the Rockin usa here and loving it. Never been to Africa, but would like to one day

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Welcome Julie! That’s neat that you sing Barbershop. to me that style is really putting yourself out there. But then again I think any singing is puttiing your elf out there. I play piano, & I don’t sing, but I’d like to. I get really self conscious about my voice. That’s what I like about Sing True. It’s helping me recognize a bit more where I am on the scale. I have a l-o-n-g way to go though. LOL

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Hi Quintus! It’s amazing that people are from all over. IT is the complete opposite of music. It’s great that your music & creativity can balance out all structure & absolutes of IT.

Profile photo of mezzo
    mezzo
    Participant

Hi,

I am Mezzo. I went back to studying voice this year. I also took piano lessons. So, this year has been quite special as I got introduced to ear training and I stumbled onto this place. The year began with me being absolutely lost in ear training class to the present moment. Thankfully, I can say that I am hanging in there and as the year closes I am proud to say that I do not fear ear training anymore despite the really bumpy initial months:)….

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Hi! Welcome Mezzo! Glad to hear you’re doing well in your studies & for the words of encouragement to hang in there!

zeitaliesin
    Participant

Yeah this is a great place for encouragement and knowledge, we musicians must stick together

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@jmrp: Welcome, Julie! I *love* barbershop and enjoy the tones. As cliche as it sounds, I’ve found that practice, practice, practice helps me to feel more solid and consistent with hitting the top notes. Apps like SingTrue help to ensure you’re hitting the notes that you think you are.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!