Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

Hi,

I am Mezzo. I went back to studying voice this year. I also took piano lessons. So, this year has been quite special as I got introduced to ear training and I stumbled onto this place. The year began with me being absolutely lost in ear training class to the present moment. Thankfully, I can say that I am hanging in there and as the year closes I am proud to say that I do not fear ear training anymore despite the really bumpy initial months:)….

@Mezzo: Welcome! Music and eartraining can all be pretty overwhelming at first, but I’m glad you’ve stuck with it! You’ll thank yourself so much in the long run. Be sure to check around our FAQ and expert articles for some great tips and tricks!

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Well, as you know, opposites attract. Maybe one day I’ll be able to transform my idea of music from the abstract to reality using IT.

quintusvw
    Participant

Hi,

I am Mezzo. I went back to studying voice this year. I also took piano lessons. So, this year has been quite special as I got introduced to ear training and I stumbled onto this place. The year began with me being absolutely lost in ear training class to the present moment. Thankfully, I can say that I am hanging in there and as the year closes I am proud to say that I do not fear ear training anymore despite the really bumpy initial months:)….

Now that is a mutual feeling right there. In the few weeks that I have stumbled upon EET I must admit that I have gained an appreciation for music I never had before…and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw. Reason: Spelling
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of quintusvw quintusvw.
    Profile photo of christine-mackay
    christine-mackay
    Participant

Hi. I have been a music teacher for 25 years. Until 6 years ago I was able to play and teach a large range of instruments until a head injury from a rugby ball turned my life upside down. I have fought my way back to some sense of normality and I now specialize in the guitar. I need, and want to be able to be play by ear and teach my pupils the same. I live in New Zealand and am VERY passionate with teaching. Happy learning everyone! Christine.

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Welcome Christine! Your story is so inspiring. Congratulations on being able to get back to doing something that you love & are so passionate about. That drive to get back to music & teaching I’m sure was a big factor in your recovery.

Profile photo of zeitaliesin
    zeitaliesin
    Participant

Yeah that’s really beautiful. Music is really the healer on so many ways! So happy for you!

Profile photo of mezzo
    mezzo
    Participant

Thanks @caylalayman and @quintusvw for your responses. It has been quite a ride. One thing that helped me quite a bit was the article on harmonic intervals. I will definitely go over the FAQs too, thanks. I am glad @quintusvw that you are enjoying it.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of mezzo mezzo.
    Profile photo of rocks
    rocks
    Participant

Hi my name is Rock (french name) .I play acoustic guitar only by reading music, connot play by ear . I need a new challenge

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@rocks: I love the name! Ear training can be done on any level- from beginner to expert. Transcription is fun for a challenge as well. Welcome to the forums!

Profile photo of alexx
    alexx
    Participant

Hi Rock! Love your name! I took French in school for 6 yrs, the names in the lessons were never that cool!

@cayla I don’t know if I’d regard transcription as fun. That’s pure work to me! LOL

quintusvw
    Participant

Christine…I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I can truly say from the depths of my heart I have great empathy for you.

You see, my brother-in-law had an accident (he fell off his bicycle) on the 22nd of May this year (2014) and had a traumatic brain injury. He was in a coma for 8 weeks and the doctors thought he would not make it, but he is in active recovery now although he cannot do the things he use to do.

So I am really glad you are back on your feet again. Like zeitaliesin said, music is a great help in recovery.

quintusvw
    Participant

Hey Rock! I was wondering, when you say that you only play by sight-reading, do you ever try to just sit down and see if you can express yourself through your guitar?

Profile photo of bruceturner43
    bruceturner43
    Participant

Hi my name is Bruce turner
    I play piano and keyboards mostly jazz and blues
    I hope to get better at chord recognition so I can chart tunes that I want to learn

quintusvw
    Participant

Hey bruce. Welcome aboard the most rewarding experience you’ll have in your music. :)

Where you from?

Profile photo of colorguard94690
    colorguard94690
    Participant

@rocks I would have to agree that transcription’s a good challenge. I’ve been trying to transcribe this one song for a while, and I’m having fun with it. I feel so amazed when I see this one saxophone player I know listen to a song and just play it!let’s both try to get to that point!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!