Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of riovista20
    riovista20
    Participant

I am Rita Patel. I am interested in learning singing And playing keyboard

I am Rita Patel. I am interested in learning singing And playing keyboard

Welcome Rita! I hope our dedicated singing and keyboard pages will be useful for you. If you have any questions please shout :)

Great to have you join us, Eugene!

All the technique and “chops” in the world will only go so far, after that it’s about careful listening and adding passion to your playing.

Couldn’t agree more :)

Profile photo of cdmeyer01
    cdmeyer01
    Participant

My name is Carl and I played piano for around 7 years when I was younger. I took music lessons and theory and also have taken some voice lessons in college. Additionally, I am active in my churches music. I have seen people play by ear and they seemed to do it so easily after only hearing the song once….that’s what I want to be able to do.

Welcome, Carl! Great to have you with us.

If you have any questions about how ear training can help you play by ear please feel free to post them on the ear training board.

Hi, Chris & fellow EEters.
    I relate more to Anel except i never played an instrument at school which was a long time ago now. For the past number of years I have tried to play piano, I stomp around the keyboard with fingers like gnarled old tree roots. Possibly should give up, but hope springs enternal and to play and experience music is so wonderful (even for a perpetual beginner) that any improvement is like growing into a butterfly. Sorry for the corny words but I am a stranger in music land. Looking forward to becoming a native
    kevin

Hi Kevin (@kevinjburke001gmail-com)

I think that’s a wonderful description! Discovering what you’re capable of in music has to be one of the most wonderful and satisfying of pursuits… And your past self is the only other person worth comparing yourself to. If you find you’re improving and discovering new things, and enjoying yourself – that’s all that matters :)

Welcome, it’s great to have you with us!

Profile photo of mia0007
    mia0007
    Participant

Hi, I’m Mary. with years of Classical training on piano . My goal now is to develop the ability to improvise and play by ear.

Welcome, Mary! You should find your classical background puts you in a great position to quickly develop the improvisational and play-by-ear skills you want. With your fingers already trained, you just need to “fill in” the listening skills side of things.

You might find the Learn to Play By Ear series helpful to start exploring the different aspects of playing by ear. If you have any questions, please ask!

Hi, I’m Mary. with years of Classical training on piano . My goal now is to develop the ability to improvise and play by ear.

Profile photo of antwane
    antwane
    Participant

hello friends, Antwane is my name….pianist , songwriter, artist etc. glad to make your acquaintance.

Welcome, Antwane! Great to have another song writer like @dayzd in the community :)

hello friends, Antwane is my name….pianist , songwriter, artist etc. glad to make your acquaintance.

Profile photo of simonasks
    simonasks
    Participant

Hi, My name is Simon Ask.. Im a “singer” i play guitar and Im gonna start playing piano/keyboard when i can afford one.
    My dream is to become a successful singer and have a very successful career. (Actually my dream is to become the worlds most successful singer/entertainer.)
    im gonna start out on YouTube.. Posting covers and stuff soon, actually the only thing i have left to learn before i do that is.. Singing in tune with rhythm and on pitch.. so i hope this will work and i will really appreciate it if it does.

Profile photo of julieweigt
    julieweigt
    Participant

Hi,

I am Julie, I play the piano and clarinet. I am currently a college student. I am interested in all aspects of ear training.

Welcome, Simon! It’s good that you have such a clear idea of what motivates you in ear training, and developing a keen ear will certainly help set you apart above other singers as you develop your career.

For help with singing on pitch I’d suggest checking out our Singing page and singing FAQs, there are lots of tips there to help you train. If you need any help planning your training just shout on the Ear Training board.

Be sure to share your YT videos here when you start publishing! :)

Hi, My name is Simon Ask.. Im a “singer” i play guitar and Im gonna start playing piano/keyboard when i can afford one.
    My dream is to become a successful singer and have a very successful career. (Actually my dream is to become the worlds most successful singer/entertainer.)
    im gonna start out on YouTube.. Posting covers and stuff soon, actually the only thing i have left to learn before i do that is.. Singing in tune with rhythm and on pitch.. so i hope this will work and i will really appreciate it if it does.

Welcome, Julie! Great to have you with us.

Being interested in all aspects of ear training is admirable – if you get overwhelmed or need any help along the way though please shout :)

Hi,

I am Julie, I play the piano and clarinet. I am currently a college student. I am interested in all aspects of ear training.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!