Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 378 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m Chiana. I just turned 18 and I have decided to start my 3 year plan to learn to harmonise. What led me to ear training is my desperation to learn how to harmonise. I feel like God forbade me to harmonise but of course I don’t wanna believe that so hear I am on a quest to not just learn how to harmonise but also become enjoy and understand music to the fullest extent. Plus, I want to show off to my friends who gave up on teaching me how to harmonise.. :3 they’ll be proud of me. Also, I am a slow learner and am a talkative person as I am an ENFP.

Profile photo of kwilson5035
    kwilson5035
    Participant

Hi learning the guitar and want to transcribe what I hear

Welcome!

Hi, I’m Chiana. I just turned 18 and I have decided to start my 3 year plan to learn to harmonise. What led me to ear training is my desperation to learn how to harmonise.

Excellent! Developing your sense of relative pitch and using singing ear training can definitely help you with that :)

Hi learning the guitar and want to transcribe what I hear

Good goal! Check out our FAQs on transcription and playing by ear and our dedicated transcription ear training page to get started.

Profile photo of pee102
    pee102
    Participant

Hi there..i’m steve from berne in switzerland…playing mostly Jazz in Bands and solo…i’m going to refresh my ear-chops in the next couple month…

Hi there..i’m steve from berne in switzerland…playing mostly Jazz in Bands and solo…i’m going to refresh my ear-chops in the next couple month…

Hi Steve, great to have you with us! Be sure to check out our seventh chords and jazz tags, you might find some handy info.

Profile photo of chocl8swirl
    chocl8swirl

Hi I’m Toni s. I’ve been playing keyboards for 40 years now. I just want to be able to sit down and be able to play whatever I hear or follow the chord changes just with my ear. I play gospel and also listen to smooth jazz.

Hi I’m Toni s. I’ve been playing keyboards for 40 years now. I just want to be able to sit down and be able to play whatever I hear or follow the chord changes just with my ear. I play gospel and also listen to smooth jazz.

Welcome, Toni! Be sure to check out our playing by ear and chord progressions pages, and if you have any questions along the way, just ask :)

Profile photo of gerry
    gerry
    Participant

Hi I’m Gerry, I am retired from work although I drive a taxi now and again for some extra money. I am learning to play keyboard and I also sing in a choir. Of late I came to a standstill with regard to practising the Keyboard and didn’t know in which direction to go to progress. I came across ear training on the net and was excited to find this course. I have always admired musicians who can hear a song and play it by ear in no time at all. Also being in a choir I envy those members who when asked to sing a particular note can do so.
    I believe this course will help me to become a better musician.
    Regards

Welcome, Gerry! Great to have you here. The two links I posted above for Toni should be helpful for you too as you learn to play piano by ear. You might also enjoy our Pitch & Harmony series for tying it all together. Enjoy the Ear Expansion course!

Hi I’m Gerry, I am retired from work although I drive a taxi now and again for some extra money. I am learning to play keyboard and I also sing in a choir. Of late I came to a standstill with regard to practising the Keyboard and didn’t know in which direction to go to progress. I came across ear training on the net and was excited to find this course. I have always admired musicians who can hear a song and play it by ear in no time at all. Also being in a choir I envy those members who when asked to sing a particular note can do so.
    I believe this course will help me to become a better musician.
    Regards

Profile photo of marlener
    marlener
    Participant

Hi, I’m Marlene,

I’m a drummer of only a couple of years. I’m working on trying to quickly and easily understand what drum voices are being played on my favorite songs in order to transcribe and play them.

Profile photo of ahmedaaljuffri
    ahmedaaljuffri
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is AJ. I started playing the piano (electric) about 3 or 4 weeks ago. And I am jealous of my friends who can learn a song by ear and that is why I am here =).

Profile photo of gerry
    gerry
    Participant

Hi AJ I know the feeling, that’s why I am doing the same.
    Regards Gerry

Hi Marlene,

That’s a smart skill for a drummer to work on. You might find our articles on percussion frequencies help you to tune your ear in to that particular aspect of the kit sounds.

Great to have you with us!

Hi, I’m Marlene,

I’m a drummer of only a couple of years. I’m working on trying to quickly and easily understand what drum voices are being played on my favorite songs in order to transcribe and play them.

Welcome, AJ!

By realising that ear training can help you gain those skills (rather than just watching and wishing you could do it) you’re already a step ahead of the majority of musicians…! Check out our Playing By Ear page and if you have any questions just shout!

Hi everyone! My name is AJ. I started playing the piano (electric) about 3 or 4 weeks ago. And I am jealous of my friends who can learn a song by ear and that is why I am here =).

Profile photo of boussie
    boussie
    Participant

Hi,my name is Bossie, i want to be able to sing in tune.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!