Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@rdrussell: Welcome to the forums! I play piano and keyboard as well, though I don’t dabble with stringed instruments and I’m impressed. My fiance plays the blues (guitar) and sings, so I have a heart for that as well. Here are all our apps in one place in case you haven’t yet tried them all. Let us know if you have any questions as you continue your ear training!

@vinnieivan: Welcome! I am absolutely terrible at drumming, though my rhythm is okay. I’m not sure what gives there, but I’m always impressed by drummers. We’re glad you’re keeping us along for your musical journey!

@jazzyme: Welcome, Fideliya! I’m a vocalist as well and play piano. You’re adventurous to try guitar and violin as well! Kudos to you. Great to have you on the forums, and best of luck with the course. Let us know if you have any questions!

@baerlein: You’re definitely in the right place! We have a learning section full of articles that will guide you in your venture. We’re here for you every step. Welcome to the forums!

@bodjo2: I’ve never heard of the nyckelharpa and just looked it up on YouTube. Very interesting instrument! I love the voila as well. We’ve got so much diversity on the forums, and it’s beautiful just like the music. Welcome, and let us know if you have any questions.

@premusic: Welcome, Prem! We’re glad you found our eBooks useful for teaching and that your students responded well to the material. What ages do you teach?

@anicho27: Welcome to the forums, Andrew! If there’s anything that can help with your ear, you’re in the right place! Hopefully @Christopher-Sutton can point you in the right direction for more MP3’s. We look forward to you reporting on your new guitar skills!

Hi @anicho27 and welcome!

You’ll find a full set of interval training MP3s on our ear training exercises pages. I hope they’ll be useful for you!

Hi,
    I’m Andrew and I’ve played guitar for too long not to be better than I am! I really want to improve my ability to play by ear and just improve my musical ear skills generally, that’s why I joined. Hope this package can help, I’ll certainly put in the work.
    BTW can Chris or someone tell me where to find mp3′s of all the intervals? So far I’ve only found those for semitones, tones, 3rds, 4ths and 5ths
    Cheers

Profile photo of jdbanjo
    jdbanjo
    Participant

Hi, I’m J.D.,
    I’ve been playing as a sideman for years, whichever instrument was needed, but i can not offer vocal work, backup, or lead… I’ve been trying to learn how to sing for years… No luck… I’m willing to try anything!! Seems interesting, so i am gonna give it a try… Thanks and wish me luck..

I’m charles. I play a little piano out of fake books. I can barely carry a tune singing-wise. Oh I might start out on tune in a song – but I soon “drift” pitch-wise.

But even doing the free interval app.
    Amazingly I think I am already more discerning in the way I am voicing my chords.

Curious to see how far this ear training thing can take me.

caylalayman
    Participant

@jdbanjo: You’ve come to the right place! Since you already have down the instrumental side of things and know how to stay in tune and most likely how to keep your instruments on pitch, you’ve got a good start. Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions.

@mcwaters1937gmail-com: Keep working with the app and you’ll see changes over time! I feel sure ear training will take you far. Let us know if you have questions!

Profile photo of tushaal
    tushaal
    Participant

Hi, I’m Tushaal.

I play guitar and I know how vital ear training can be. Everything has to do with it. I found this site and I’m really hoping to achieve the best results from it.

Profile photo of ppitch
    ppitch
    Participant

HI,
    I’m Hal. Beginning blues harmonica player. No musical background. I would like to eventually be able to identify the chords in backing tracks, the key of a song, intervals, etc.

Profile photo of surz90
    surz90
    Participant

Hi..I’m suryo..
    I’m 25 years old and just try to learn guitar (i just know some basic stuff)..actually i dont know where i need to start..
    And i’m here because i think ear training is a basic and important, but at my age when i just start, is it late to be good? :(

Hope one day i can play guitar with a freedom in the fretboard…

caylalayman
    Participant

@tushall: My fiance plays guitar, too, as well as sings some harmony backup and such. He had no idea how much ear training would help him improve until I showed it to him! Here are some questions and answers regarding ear training & playing guitar. Let us know if we can help!

@ppitch: Welcome, Hal! The harmonica is a great instrument and one that’s fun to listen to! Best of luck with ear training, and let us know if we can help you with anything or answer any questions!

@surz90: It’s never too late to start ear training! I started in my early 20’s after many years of playing piano and singing the “regular” way. Ear training has improved my pitch, focus, and confidence in singing and playing. I’d recommend starting with an Ear Training Essentials eBook. It’s got great content and is guaranteed to help you succeed! Let us know how we can help.

Profile photo of innercity
    innercity
    Participant

Hey my name is Dennis and l do church sound mixing.

i found this site when was searching for free online sound mixing courses. I found this site perfect for improving my EQ skills when mixing

caylalayman
    Participant

@innercity: Welcome, Dennis. I’m glad you’ve found it useful! Have you tried our Frequency Fundamentals handbook?

Profile photo of mcs88keys
    mcs88keys
    Participant

Hello. I’m Michael. Piano is my first instrument. I”ve been playing for about 20 yrs. But I also play guitar and sing. I have a BA Classical Piano, so of course, I”ve done ear training. I really struggled in college especially with sight singing and dictation. Now I’m studying Jazz and it’s a whole new world. I’ve seen music progress over the years but being able to hear Jazz Chords and the extension as well the the progressions and chromatic melodies is quite difficult for me. So I’m always trying new things and looking for different perspectives. I’ll be a lifetime student of music and will always continue to develop my ear.

Profile photo of jackiep
    jackiep
    Participant

Hi I’m Jackie. I sing, I play a little guitar. Now I’m trying to learn piano and I think this is a really good way to open your ears for things that I do not hear yet. Thank you very much Mr. Sutton this is an excellent tool. Congratulations for your hard work.

Profile photo of quintusvw
    quintusvw
    Participant

Welcome to all. I hope you find this platform exciting!

Hi @jackiep,

You’re very welcome! I’m very glad to hear our materials have been helpful to you so far. If you need any help along the way please don’t hesitate to ask.

Hi I’m Jackie. I sing, I play a little guitar. Now I’m trying to learn piano and I think this is a really good way to open your ears for things that I do not hear yet. Thank you very much Mr. Sutton this is an excellent tool. Congratulations for your hard work.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!