Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timmyk
    timmyk
    Participant

Hi I’m Tim and I want to expand my creativity as a guitarist and be able to first play my favroite guitarists lead solos by ear and then be able to create my own shredding solos! I love the blues, hard rock and Metal! “up the Irons”

Profile photo of caylalayman
    caylalayman
    Participant

@timmyk: Welcome! Here is a whole section of the site dedicated to articles and questions about guitar ear training. Check it out, and let us know if we can help!

Profile photo of hildj
    hildj
    Participant

Hello,

I am a guitar player and have been playing for year. I have been bound by reading the chord charts and would like to play by ear, memorize songs, and even want to do some solo work.

Profile photo of jeff-liet
    jeff-liet
    Participant

Hello my name is jef , im a junior piano player :) i want to improve my ear. :D

Profile photo of vosg
    vosg
    Participant
      Hi. My name is George Vos. I am from CuraƧao a small island in the southern part of the Caribbean.
      I am just starting to play bass guitar. I am interested in Latin rhythms and would like to be able to play Latin Jazz and salsa. I wish to aquire the ability to participate in jam sessions of these types of music and play easily in a salsa big band.
    caylalayman
    Participant

@hildj: Welcome! You’ll find that ear training opens new windows and doors when playing music! If you haven’t found it yet, here is the section of our site dedicated to guitar ear training. Let us know if we can help!

@jeff-liet: Welcome to the forums! We have a few ear training articles for keyboard and piano here. I, too, started by playing piano. Best of luck, and let us know if you have any questions!

@vosg: Welcome! Curacao is beautiful! Not that I’ve been, but I’ve seen pictures! :) Latin jazz (and jazz in general) highly revolves around rhythm. Check out this section full of rhythm ear training. Take a look around, and let us know if we can help.

Profile photo of minou35
    minou35
    Participant

Hello, my name is Monique and I’m studying classic piano. I need to know more about melodic intervals.

Profile photo of minou35
    minou35
    Participant

Hello, my name is Monique. I’m studying classic music in the piano. I need to be helped in the recognition of melodic intervals.

Profile photo of pavankumarnr
    pavankumarnr
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m Pavan. I have started playing guitar since two years now and I am now trying to get more into the music and learn the essential skills required to enjoy music and produce my own music one day. I’m finding it really painstaking and diffictult to recognise the intervals and I have been trying the free module of intervals training in this website. I hope to get better at listening skills regarding intervals, chords, EQ and Effects.

Thank you,
    Pavan

caylalayman
    Participant

@minou35: Welcome, Monique! I enjoy playing piano as well. Here is our section on intervals. It’s one of our largest collections of information, and you should find it very useful! Let us know if we can be of any help.

@pavankumarnr: Hi, Pavan! You’re on the right track. It can often be difficult to go back and learn intervals and such correctly when you’re self taught. We have a ton of articles geared towards guitarists here that you should find very useful! Let us know if you have any questions.

Profile photo of stebautista
    stebautista
    Participant

Hi guys!

I’m Stella and I play the guitar. I grew up singing along Moon River and my grandparents’ Salsa. (LOL) My family were the first people who taught me how to sing by simply listening to the karaoke, from there I learned how to sing along and improvise.

Stay awesome guys!

Profile photo of jchua1
    jchua1
    Participant

Hi, my name is John , I like to learn how to get the right pitch when reading the music. That’s it.

caylalayman
    Participant

@jchua1: Welcome, John! You may find some of these questions & answers helpful. Best of luck!

@stebautista: Welcome to the forums! I’m impressed that you play guitar. Do you also know how to Salsa? As much musical rhythm as I have, I have basically no body rhythm! :) Let us know if we can answer any questions! You stay awesome, too.

Profile photo of blh
    blh
    Participant

piano, popular tunes of the 30s, 40s,50s 60s

Profile photo of kingdom
    kingdom
    Participant

Hi my name is kingdom I play acoustic guitar I found this site when I was searching for how to learn intervals.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!