Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

Home Ear Training Forums Chat Welcome! Say hi and introduce yourself :)

This topic contains 377 replies, has 171 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tenabrown tenabrown 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 378 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chasingsummer
    chasingsummer
    Participant

Hi everyone
    my name is brian, at 53 years old, i decided a year ago i needed a hobby that had nothing to do with drugs/alcohol.
    Plug in acoustic is my weapon, black in color. I interviewd a few guitar teachers. 2 of then wanted me to supply a list of songs I wanted to learn and they would teach me them. The other one said I had to memorize the fret board before i could learn chords. needless to say , the first 2 were not going to teach the guitar, and the last one, lets say I felt I would run out of years before i learned anything. so study some theory on line like M m m M M Rm De, 1, 4 5 and 1645 progressions, wole steps and half step2, and a chord book. Some times I do feel I need a lesson plan to follow so that I can feel i am progressing. Craigs list add approx 6 months ago led to another newbie and i getting together once a week. Presently i will take any help I can get.

Profile photo of stebautista
    stebautista
    Participant

Hi @chasingsummer,
    You did the right choice to have music as a hobby. I just started with EET and the first thing I did was to sign up to their email courses through which I had some solid guidance on what to do first and where to go next. After that, I went around their store and found these Chord training apps that is handy and convenient for me tp practice with.

Hope it helps!

stebautista
    Participant

Hi @kingdom,

Here is he site where you can learn from intervals. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Profile photo of mrear
    mrear
    Participant

Hi all,
    I play guitar after a 10 years pause.Still trying to became a solid player I’ll try to do eartraing as well!
    I love Hard Rock!

stebautista
    Participant

Hi @mrear,

I am playing guitar as well but stopped at some point. I just started the ear training and I am so excited about the things that I didn’t know before. I am definitely confident I can pull this one through and be able to a play a sick rock cover ;)

Profile photo of mnair
    mnair
    Participant

I am Mnair and a drummer. I have joined here hoping to improve my knowledge on harmony, scales and play by ear aspects.

Profile photo of svk
    svk
    Participant

Good day everyone,

I’m Sevak, and I’m happy to let y’all know that I’ll contribute to Easy Ear Training with some articles! ^_^

I love singing and playing the piano, and I want to turn my passions (singing in particular) into my profession(s).

I had to struggle with some issues in the past (not being able to hit a lot of pitches because of untrained ear and damaging the voice because of bad singing habits among other things), and I didn’t know where to go or what to do…

So I’ve decided to join a nice community where I’ll continue learning and growing musically, and to help others in their journey, too.

Good day :)

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of svk svk. Reason: eloquence, precision, details
    stebautista
    Participant

Hi @svk,
    Great! I would love to read your contributions!
    I’ve been here for a while now and every eBook I read seems to spark up the Musical-Me once again. I got the time to pick up my guitar again (after 4 years)!

It’s nice having you here!

Cheers!

Profile photo of svk
    svk
    Participant

Thanks @stebautista. I love this platform, too; so much of useful stuff! <3

BTW, have you got an acoustic guitar or an electric one? Do you also write music electronically? Cause I was wondering if you could give some advice on rock & metal guitar sound libraries.

stebautista
    Participant

Hey @svk,

My first guitar is an acoustic guitar, and then right now my Dad in law gave us an electric guitar. I tried writing music before but eventually stopped but actually thinking I could try again. My go to library is Soundcloud. There are cool stuffs around there shared by raw-talented musicians.

stebautista
    Participant

Hi @mnair,
    Cool! Hope you enjoy your ear training as you go along the way. We have a very supportive community here, so anything you get stucked with–just hit the forum.

Cheers!

Profile photo of chrisjb61
    chrisjb61
    Participant

Hi, I am Christopher and I seriously started to learn an instrument last year at age 67. My chosen instrument is the soprano saxophone. My current challenge is to be able to play along with other people. I can listen to music and then whistle or sing it but would like to be able to play the tunes by ‘ear’ on the saxophone.

Profile photo of stefano
    stefano
    Participant

I’m Steve – I play saxophone in a “big band” and I want to improve my improvisation skills by learning to hear better.

Profile photo of annbris59
    annbris59
    Participant

Hi I am Annette. I like singing but was told I need ear training, so here I am.

HI – I’m Marie – I love music – who doesn’t !! But somehow I cannot convert what I hear into what comes out of my mouth !! I really WANT to be able to sing – even if just a little !!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share This!